https://etna.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/machining-coolants.jpg 205 409 C. Post /wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-main-2016-300x138.png C. Post2017-03-07 17:16:172017-03-07 17:17:59Clean Out Procedure for Water Dilutable Metalworking Fluids
Clean Out Procedure for Water Dilutable Metalworking Fluids
Clean metalworking fluids perform better and last longer. When recharging an individual sump or central fluid tank, a “tank clean out” will ensure fresh fluids can perform efficiently.
The following clean out procedure should be used whenever possible:
- Drain the system or individual sumps.
- Remove all metal swarf and debris from sumps, trenches, oil pans, and filtration units.
- Fill the system or tank with fresh water.
- Add MASTERALL MC (Machine Cleaner) at 1:50 or stronger and circulate from 2 to 8 hours. During this period of circulation, brush all trenches and filter elements; scrub machines and oil pans.
WARNING: Protective gloves must be worn by maintenance personnel during this operation. MASTERALL MC is highly alkaline and prolonged contact with skin may cause irritation.
- When physical cleaning is finished, drain the MASTERALL MC mix from the system.
- Refill with enough fresh water to circulate throughout the system. All traces of cleaner and swarf should be removed. Drain all lines and sumps. If the rinse water is exceptionally dirty, repeat this step.
- Charge the system or sump(s) with the required amount of water.
- Add Etna product at the recommended concentration.
- Circulate throughout the system to ensure proper mixing.
Occasionally, it is not possible to drain the system due to various reasons. In this event, try to incorporate as much of the clean out procedure as possible into one of the alternative methods below:
- Used Fluid – During Shutdown: After production stops, add 1 gallon of MASTERALL MC to each 50 gallons of dirty fluid in the machine reservoir or central system. Circulate the mixture for 4 hours or longer through all lines and machine tools. Drain, rinse, and recharge with a fresh Etna mix.
- Used Fluid – During Production: Not recommended for individual sumps unless carefully supervised. During production, add 1 gallon of MASTERALL MC to each 100 gallons of dirty fluid in the machine sump or system. Circulate the mixture for 4-8 hours through all lines and machine tools. Drain, rinse, and recharge with fresh Etna mix.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!